Sunday, April 02, 2006
Questions for Designing Worship Gatherings
Dan Kimball has a great list of 7 questions to ask when designing worship experiences:
1. Did we lift the name of Jesus up as the centrepiece of why we gathered?
2. Did we have a time in the Scriptures learning the story of God and man? Did we invite everyone to be part of his story in kingdom living?
3. Did we pray together and have enough time to slow down and quiet our hearts to hear God's voice and yield to his Spirit?
4. Did we experience the joy, love, and encouragement of being together as a church?
5. Did we take the Lord's Supper together as a church regularly?
6. Did we somehow remind everyone of the mission of the church and why we exist?
7. Did we enable people to individually contribute something as part of the Body of Christ?
I think this would be great to ask both during the design process AND after as an evaluation...